Thirty one year old Abraham Nagbah Neor was on Sunday morning found dead in a gutter in Kende Town, Oldfield Community.Resident Mrs. Sia Trotnon told journalists that a passerby alerted the community about a body being in a gutter near her house.“I was in bed when someone alarmed that there was a body of a man in the water. That was at 6:30 in the morning. I called my husband and we called on our neighbors and we contacted the police,” she explained.The police, she said, authorized the removal of the body from the gutter at 9 a.m.According to Mrs. Trotnon, Neor was the first person to die in such a circumstance in the neighborhood.Some eyewitnesses said AB, as he was commonly called, was last seen Sunday evening at the residence of a friend in Thinkers Village.Those present at the scene said AB was never caught in any criminal activity. “AB was a friendly person,” one eyewitness said.Meanwhile, all efforts to interview AB’s father proved fruitless as police officers from Zone 8 Police Depot in the ELWA community prevented journalists from doing so.Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
0Shares0000PARIS, France, November 28 – Manchester City stayed five points clear in the English Premier League title race while Real Madrid opened-up a six-point lead over Barcelona in Spain.However, European action was overshadowed by the shock suicide of Wales national team boss Gary Speed. ENGLAND– Manchester City are five points clear after a 1-1 draw at Liverpool as British football mourned the death of Gary Speed.City grabbed the lead at Anfield after the half hour mark when captain Vincent Kompany glanced in a header from a David Silva corner.But just two minutes later Liverpool were level when Charlie Adam’s shot took a huge deflection off City defender Joleon Lescott for an own-goal.City were reduced to 10 men when striker Mario Balotelli was sent off for a second bookable offence.Earlier in the day, news broke of the death of 42-year-old Speed who was found hanged at his Cheshire home in north-west England.Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish withdrew Craig Bellamy, the Wales striker and a close friend of Speed’s, from his squad before kick-off.On Saturday, Manchester United were denied the chance to keep the pressure on City as Demba Ba’s controversial penalty gave 10-man Newcastle a 1-1 draw.Javier Hernandez opened the scoring early in the second half at Old Trafford, but Ba equalised 15 minutes later.Chelsea got back on track with a comfortable 3-0 win against toothless Wolves; third-placed Tottenham enjoyed a 3-1 win at West Bromwich Albion while Arsenal drew 1-1 against Fulham.SPAIN– Barcelona crashed to a shock 1-0 defeat at Getafe and now trail Real Madrid, who came from a goal down to beat nine-man derby rivals Atletico Madrid 4-1, by six points.It was the first defeat of the season for the reigning Spanish and European champions as Getafe grabbed the three points thanks to a second half header from Juan Valera.Real beat a robust Atletico with the game turning on the first half dismissal of keeper Thibaut Courtois and a penalty converted by Cristiano Ronaldo.Atletico put their rivals on the back foot with an Adrian Lopez goal on 14 minutes.The key moment came mid-way through the first half when Karim Benzema was upended by the Atletico keeper who was red carded and Ronaldo coolly slotted in from 12 yards.Angel Di Maria put Real ahead and then substitute Gonzalo Higuain rounded the keeper for the third.Atletico were reduced to nine men when defender Diego Godin was dismissed for a foul on Higuain and Ronaldo got his second from the resulting penalty.GERMANY– Bayern Munich suffered a shock 3-2 defeat at strugglers Mainz, a result which leaves the Bavarians third, with champions Dortmund top for the first time this season.Andreas Ivanschitz, Marco Caligiuri and Niko Bungert were all on target for Mainz.Dortmund seized top spot with their 2-0 win over Schalke in the Ruhr derby.Borussia Moenchengladbach are second after their 3-0 win at Cologne. Werder Bremen, who enjoyed a 2-0 win at home to VfB Stuttgart, are fourth.0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)
Listing would set in motion a series of automatic sanctions that would make it easier for the United States to block financial accounts and other assets controlled by the guard. In particular, the action would freeze any assets the guard has in the United States, although it is unlikely the guard maintains much in the way of assets in American banks or other institutions. In the internal debate over American policy toward Iran, Rice has succeeded over the past year in holding the Bush administration to a diplomatic course in which America and five other world powers have used the Security Council to impose sanctions to try to get Tehran to suspend its enrichment of uranium. But in recent months, there has been resurgent debate within the administration about whether the diplomatic path is working, with aides to Vice President Dick Cheney said to be among those pushing for greater consideration of military options. The debate has been kindled by reports from international inspectors detailing Iran’s progress in its nuclear program, including the installation of more than 1,000 centrifuges to enrich uranium, as well as the assertions from American intelligence officials about an Iranian role in providing arms and other support to Shiite militias in Iraq and to Taliban militants in Afghanistan. Iran has repeatedly denied that it is seeking to build nuclear weapons, that it is helping in any way to ease attacks on American troops in Iraq or that it is shipping any weapons to the Taliban, a group Iran opposed in the 1990s. On Tuesday, Ahmadinejad again dismissed American complaints that Iran is providing weapons to the Taliban. Speaking in Kabul, Afghanistan, after talks with President Hamid Karzai, he said Iran was “fully supporting” its new government. Karzai played down the dispute over the weapons shipments, as he did during a visit to the White House this month. He said Afghanistan and Iran were “brothers” and that both the United States and Iran were helping reconstruct his country.160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! WASHINGTON – The Bush administration is preparing to declare that Iran’s Revolutionary Guard Corps is a foreign terrorist organization, senior administration officials said Tuesday. If imposed, the declaration would signal a more confrontational turn in the administration’s approach to Iran and would be the first time that the United States has added the armed forces of any sovereign government to its list of terrorist organizations. The Revolutionary Guard is thought to be the largest branch of Iran’s military. While the United States has long labeled Iran as a state sponsor of terrorism, a decision to single out the guard would amount to an aggressive new challenge from an American administration that has recently seemed conflicted over whether to take a harder line against Tehran over its nuclear program and what American officials have called its destabilizing role in Iraq. According to European diplomats, Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice has warned of the move in recent conversations with European counterparts, saying that a delay in efforts to win approval from the U.N. Security Council for further economic sanctions on Iran was leaving the administration with little choice but unilateral American action. A move toward putting the Revolutionary Guard on the foreign terrorist list would serve at least two purposes for Rice: to pacify, for a while, administration hawks who are pushing for possible military action, and to further press America’s allies to ratchet up sanctions against Iran in the Security Council. The State Department and Treasury officials are pushing for a stronger set of Security Council sanctions against members of Iran’s government, including an extensive travel ban and further moves to restrict the ability of Iran’s financial institutions to do business outside of Iran. Beyond that, American officials have been trying to get European and Asian banks to take additional steps against Iran. Senior administration officials said current plans called for the declaration to be made this month, but cautioned that it could be put off, and that the effort could still be set aside if the Security Council moved more quickly to impose broad sanctions on Iran over its nuclear program. The officials said the declaration was being pushed by Rice, and would not say if it had been endorsed by the National Security Council or the Pentagon. President George W. Bush seemed to signal a tougher approach to Iran last week when he called attention to what American officials have said was an active role by the Revolutionary Guard in providing munitions, training and other support to Shiite militants who have been attacking American troops in Iraq. “When we catch you playing a nonconstructive role, there will be a price to pay,” Bush said of Iran during a press conference Thursday.
1 Everton defender John Stones has handed in a transfer request.The 21-year-old has been chased by Chelsea all summer but the Toffees have so far rejected their overtures.The Premier League champions have tabled three bids for the centre-back in recent weeks, the latest in the region of £30million.That did not tempt the Merseyside club into selling and Roberto Martinez has continually stated that he has no desire to cash-in on the player.But Everton could now be forced into doing a deal after Stones made it clear he wants to join Jose Mourinho’s side by slapping in a transfer request at Goodison Park on Tuesday.Martinez looks to have already lined up a replacement for the former Barnsley youngster, with Argentine defender Ramiro Funes Mori close to securing a move from River Plate. John Stones
The ARTBOX is a place where parents/carers can come together to engage in exploratory/creative art activities alongside their children whilst at the same time socialise with their peers and make.It is based at the CDP building on Chapel Road, Dungloe and has been developed to support the work of PLAYMATTERS.There is currently a breakfast session happening on Monday mornings from 10 – 12 in the CDP building in Dungloe. If you’re interested just come along with your children and see what’s happening.It’s a very relaxed group costing €2 per child This covers all art materials, drinks and a snack. Worth remembering …it can get messy so dress for a mess. DD LOCAL: DUNGLOE COMMUNITY NEWS was last modified: September 20th, 2013 by John2Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:DD LOCAL: DUNGLOE COMMUNITY NEWS
Gabriel Jesus lies injured Pep Guardiola remains hopeful striker Gabriel Jesus will be back in action before the end of Manchester City’s season.The Brazil international made an immediate impact after joining City in January, scoring three times in five appearances before breaking a bone in his foot in February.The 19-year-old underwent surgery and there were fears he could miss the rest of the campaign, but he has now resumed light training and playing again this term has not been discounted.Manager Guardiola said: “The crutches are gone. He has started to walk and hopefully he can come back to the pitches and start to run and make some exercises.“Hopefully he can help us in the last games of the season and come back for us in the pre-season fit.”Forwards Kevin De Bruyne and Raheem Sterling are both in contention to face Arsenal this weekend after suffering injury scares while on international duty over the past fortnight. Defender Pablo Zabaleta has also shaken off a knock.Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho has questioned why some international teams are playing friendlies as well as competitive matches at this stage of the season. Guardiola, who insists he is a fan of the international game, admits he agrees to some extent.The Catalan said: “The federations and the managers want the players to play as much as possible to play games to prepare for the World Cup.“Of course we want all the players to go there. I never avoid (prevent) one player from going. But we want them to go there and come back safe, and play as few minutes as possible.“I agree a little bit. Now we play for many things. All the clubs are here for many minutes and the people are preparing for the quarter-finals of the Champions League, the Europa League, for the Premier League, for qualifications, and it’s a risk to play a friendly game.“If we could avoid this, that would be better, but the schedule is the schedule. It’s too many games. It’s crazy how many games there are in all the leagues.“Always the national team deserves to play games, but when we have 20 games in a thousand million competitions, it looks a little ridiculous.” 1
A headline Monday on a story about the rising enrollment in English classes for adults may have left a wrong impression. Immigrants, both legal and illegal, are taking the classes and were pictured and interviewed for the article. AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MORE11 theater productions to see in Southern California this week, Dec. 27-Jan. 2160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!
Replacement prop Moray Low scored the winning try as Exeter extended their lead over Saracens at the top of the Aviva Premiership with an impressive 20-18 win at Allianz Park.It ends a run of 19 successive league victories at Saracens’ north London home, as the hosts suffered a fourth straight defeat in all competitions for the first time since 2010.The hosts began in impressive fashion with first-half tries from Alex Goode and Schalk Brits giving them a 15-6 advantage at the end of the first 40 minutes.An Ian Whitten try brought Exeter back into the contest, a repeat of last year’s dramatic league semi-final, after the break before Low made his game-changing contribution after 73 minutes.The Chiefs’ only previous win at this venue was 24-20, in May 2015.Hosts Saracens were smarting after their surprise defeat to Gloucester last weekend and were quick to stamp their authority on the match, despite Gareth Steenson’s successful early penalty for the visitors.Nathan Earle collected a box kick and appeared to have little room, but a superb exchange of off-loads with Goode saw the full-back charge clear eight minutes in for the opening try.Exeter managed a brief foray forward in reply, with Thomas Waldrom leading the charge, but it was not long before things got worse for Rob Baxter’s reigning champions.Nic White was sin-binned for a deliberate knock-on and the Australian was soon to regret his lack of discipline, as Mark McCall’s side got their second try on the board.A driving maul from the relentless Saracens pack saw Brits crash over, but this was only confirmed after the input of TMO official David Sainsbury.A second Steenson penalty reduced the deficit to single figures before the visitors almost crossed the whitewash for the first time. An excellent effort from Olly Woodburn was ruled out following a referral to the TMO, who decided that the ball had not been grounded after a great cover tackle by Earle and Goode in the corner.The visitors needed to get more of an attacking foothold in the game in the second half and they duly delivered, with Whitten slicing through the Saracens defensive line with a superb arcing run.Another successful kick from Steenson closed the gap to two points but the European champions gave themselves breathing space when Marcelo Bosch sent a penalty over from halfway.However, the Chiefs ended the game camped in opposition territory and after a strong driving maul, a series of pick and goes led to Low going over the line underneath the posts.The win stretches Exeter’s lead at the top of the Premiership table to five points over Saracens – who remain second. 1 Exeter players celebrate at the final whistle
FREMONT – Men and women of various religions covered their heads with scarves, yarmulkes or turbans Monday in solidarity with an Afghan woman who was gunned down while wearing a traditional Muslim veil, an unsolved murder that has sowed fear among immigrants in this Bay Area suburb. Alia Ansari, a 37-year-old mother of six, was gunned down Oct. 19 in front of her 3-year-old child while walking to pick up her other children from school. Police are investigating the case as a possible hate crime but they have not determined whether the killer was motivated by the fact that Ansari wore a “hijab” – the traditional head covering worn by Muslim women. Organizers of Monday’s observance called on people throughout the San Francisco Bay Area to cover their heads at work or school to honor and foster comfort with religious or ethnic difference. “People are afraid,” said Gihan Mansour, a native of Egypt who has lived in Fremont for eight years and wears the hijab daily. “It’s sad, because we used to feel so safe here. And it’s scary to have this happen and not know why.” 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MORESurfer attacked by shark near Channel Islands calls rescue a ‘Christmas miracle’In Fremont, home to the nation’s largest Afghan community, city officials – some also covering their heads – gathered in a city park in the rain alongside about 100 people of various religions. “It’s a show of respect,” said Fremont Mayor Bob Wasserman. “We have a community that’s proud of its diversity, and we honor that.” No arrests have been made in Ansari’s killing. But a 27-year-old man has been held on an unrelated warrant since the day of the killing and has been labeled a “person of interest,” said Fremont Police Chief Craig Steckler. He said the department is still considering the possibility it was a hate crime. “We won’t tolerate hate crimes in the city of Fremont,” Steckler said. The case has left city officials and local residents concerned about the safety of their community.
Both lanes of northbound Interstate 65 are closed at the 22 Mile Marker, (near Henryville).The closure is due to a rolled over semi tractor and trailer.Troopers are on scene and are working diligently to clear and re-open the roadway as quickly as possible. At this time it is unknown when the roadway will be re-opened. Traffic is being directed off at Exit 19, (Henryville).All the roadways are slick and hazardous in the five counties that the state police post at Sellersburg covers, Clark, Floyd, Harrison, Scott and Washington.