184 Views 15 comments Sharing is caring! EntertainmentLocalNews Artiste in hot water for disappointing disabled child by: – March 5, 2013 Tweet Share Mr. Challenger in performance. Photo compliments: Tribal ServicesDominican born artiste and member of the Royalty Band based in New York, Floyd “Mr. Challenger” Challenger is at the centre of controversy for having reneged on his promise to Judy Sango, 11, of Portsmouth who suffers with a condition known as Arthrogryposis.Mr. Challenger, through his management and local booking team Tribal Services headed by Alvin Alexander, committed to hosting a benefit concert in honor of Judy during the Portsmouth Reunion in August 2012.“That concert didn’t come through but he committed to making a presentation in January, 2013,” InsidePossie’s founder and chief executive officer Mr. Drinnon Nyerere told Dominica Vibes News.Another date was set; January 27th the same day as the opening of Carnival in Portsmouth for the presentation to be made. The arrangement was that Mr. Challenger and his management team would visit Judy at her home in Portsmouth and make the presentation.“We didn’t have a set time; it was for anytime after 12. He called about after 2 p.m. and said he was leaving Mahaut,” Mr Nyerere said.Judy and her mother Regina were prepared and awaiting Mr. Challenger but he never showed up. Judy Sango patiently awaiting Mr. Challenger. Photo compliments: InsidePossie“I was totally disappointed because Mr. Alvin Alexander and Mr. Challenger made me waste most of my time when I could put some of my time into my school work,” Judy told a seven minute video produced by InsidePossie. Judy’s mother, Regina and her brother also expressed disappointment that Mr. Challenger never showed up.“I have not received any calls from him since after 2pm that day [January 27th]. Between the 10th to the 27th, regular check-ups were made through text messages, calls and Facebook messages. He was in contact frequently and after the 27th no communication whatsoever so I purposely said I wouldn’t contact them,” Mr. Nyerere explained.But, on Tuesday March 5th about 8 a.m. the seven minute video explaining Mr. Nyerere, Judy, her mother and brother’s side of the story was posted on Inside Possie.Since then, Mr. Alexander has released a press statement in which he explained that upon arrival in Portsmouth on January 27th about 4pm he made three calls to Mr. Nyerere to obtain directions to Judy’s house but never received an answer. “Upon arrival in Portsmouth another call was made to Mr Keyondre [Nyerere] and that again proved futile such being the case and having not received a return call the artiste and agent proceeded to form part of the opening events of the Portsmouth Carnival,” the statement indicates. “Mr Challenger again attempted to have another opportunity to be able to do this however implications that cannot be disclosed led to this being impractical,” the release noted.Although the statement states that the “greatest disappointment” was not that Mr. Challenger did not meet with Judy after much preparation, but it was Mr. Nyerere’s failure “to even attempt to communicate with them on the noon of January 27th in as much as u said they did not reach you”.It also questions the means and approach used by the president of the Children of Possie Grace Foundation as they expected “a level of Professionalism from him and it would seem that his very actions are to default the Growth and Continuity of the artiste”.They also stated that they are “commitment to the cause” and look forward to meeting with Judy through Inside Possie.However, Mr. Nyerere has advised that Mr. Challenger and his team to make direct contact with Judy and her parents for any future assistance they wish to give and leave him out of it. Inside Possie through its Grace Foundation has been assisting Judy with her school supplies as well as other needs. She recently underwent surgery to correct the Arthrogryposis which limits her walking.According to the Austrailian Arthrogryposis Group, Arthrogryposis is a term used to describe the presence of multiple joint contractures at birth. Joint contracture is a limitation in the range of motion of a joint, however in the “classic” case of arthrogryposis, hands, wrists, elbows, shoulders, hips, feet and knees are affected”.Royalty Band is a Dominican band based in the New York and New Jersey tri-state area and has been in existence since 2000. They launched their second compilation entitled “Party Wasted” in Dominica in 2011.Here is a link to the video published by Insidepossie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrHeiLS6d20Dominica Vibes News Share Share
Simeone said, of Carrico: “He provides options on both wings and has played previously as a forward. Diego Simeone hailed the contribution of Yannick Ferreira Carrasco, Oliver Torres and Saul, as Atletico Madrid face Deportivo de la Coruna in Galicia. Upd. at 03:24 CET Sport EN On facing Deportivo before the weekend begins, he said: “It’s not a bad thing for us to play on Friday because we have a long trip coming up in our next Champions League match.” The Rojiblanco boss is happy with his team and also pleased to play on Friday ahead of their long voyage to Kazakhstan next week for the Champions League clash with Astana. 30/10/2015 “Oliver has started the league season well and Saul always works hard and can find the net too. They are great talents but none of them can rest on their laurels.”
IN SPORT.ES Juan Linares (@Jlinares91) 07/05/2019 Eduardo Inda has revealed on ‘El Chiringuito’ that Pogba will do everything possible to secure his move to Real Madrid. The Frenchman is ready to hand in a ‘transfer request’ in an attempt to get Manchester United to drop their asking price. There were even reports Pogba had refused to renew his passport in order to avoid going on the club’s preseason summer tour. Pogba dispuesto a solicitar el ‘transfer request’ para fichar por el Real Madrid Upd. on 08/05/2019 at 12:30 CEST It isn’t a summer transfer window without talk of a ‘transfer request’ being put in to force a move. It’s something which is more common in England and specifically the Premier League when players want to force through a move to another club. Eden Hazard could be set to make that move in order to leave Chelsea and it appears Paul Pogba is going to follow his lead. ��¡EXCLUSINDA! #Inda: “Si el United se NIEGA a NEGOCIAR con el Madrid, POGBA pedirá el ‘TRANSFER REQUEST'”. #ChiringuitoInda pic.twitter.com/mV4CUxpTAb— El Chiringuito TV (@elchiringuitotv) 6 de mayo de 2019 Manchester United want €150m for Pogba but Florentino isn’t willing to go that high. Especially as the midfielder is likely to want a contract in the region of €17m per season.
By David Nagel CRANBOURNE’s 2011 premiership coach Doug Koop is back in the fold of the South East Football Netball…[To read the rest of this story Subscribe or Login to the Gazette Access Pass] Thanks for reading the Pakenham Berwick Gazette. Subscribe or Login to read the rest of this content with the Gazette Digital Access Pass subscription.
By Peter SweeneyIF it’s to do with the land, Travis Scott will have a crack at it. Like shearing, fencing,…[To read the rest of this story Subscribe or Login to the Gazette Access Pass] Thanks for reading the Pakenham Berwick Gazette. Subscribe or Login to read the rest of this content with the Gazette Digital Access Pass subscription.
Zondervan also was selected the Top Scholar Athlete along with Mike Zarikoff.Outstanding Athlete honours were awarded to Maren Kernan and Relmu Wilson Valdez.Big Block winners included Teigan Barnhart, Matti Ericsson, Maren Kernen, Brynn Belland, Jack Lee, Max Spielman, Bryce Winters. Relmu Wilson- Valdez, Eli Lusted, Rylee Zondervan, Adam Strautman and Skyla Short.LVR Grad Luke Mori, who played soccer and basketball for the Bombers, was the guest speaker at the Awards Banquet.From left, Relmu Wilson- Valdez, Maren Kernen, Mike Zarikoff, Rylee Zondervan, Matti Erickson. — Photo courtesy LVR Athletics Rylee Zondervan and Matti Erickson were selected the top All Around Athletes during the L.V. Rogers Athletic Awards Ceremony held Wednesday at the Hangar.Zondervan and Erickson led their respective Bomber teams, with Erickson capturing the gold medal at the recent BC High School Track and Field Championships in Langley.Erickson won the 1500 meters in a record time of four minutes, 1.36 seconds. Erickson also defended his title at the BC High School Cross Country championships in November.
Tommy Devane spoke with Galway Bay Fm’s player of the match Aoife Donoghue.. Galway’s Aoife Donoghue was the star of the show yesterday in the National Camogie League Final against Kilkenny. Donoghue scored three points from play. She says the League was a good preparation for the upcoming Championship knowing that they can match teams like Kilkenny. print WhatsApp Facebook Twitter Email
Win sets up rematch for Rockets with AmherstBy Paul LeckerSports ReporterSPENCER — While Spencer/Columbus’ high-powered offense, led by senior running back Hunter Luepke, has earned much of the hype this season, the Rockets’ defense has been just as stellar.Not much changed in the Rockets’ WIAA Division 5 Level 1 playoff on Friday night.Luepke racked up six more touchdowns, giving him 39 this season, and the Spencer/Columbus defense allowed just 178 yards as the Rockets rolled to a 49-17 victory over Oconto at Spencer High School.Spencer/Columbus (9-1) moves on to a Level 2 game at Amherst (9-1) on Oct. 27. This is the third-straight year the Rockets and Falcons will meet in the postseason. Amherst beat Spencer/Columbus 42-0 in the Division 5 state championship game in 2015 and 42-14 in a Level 2 playoff game a year ago.Spencer/Columbus’ defense allowed the Blue Devils seven first downs, with four of those coming on Oconto’s lone touchdown drive late in third quarter.Spencer/Columbus running back Hayden Bauman (42) goes for a big run during the Rockets’ win over Oconto on Friday at Spencer High School. Bauman racked up 111 yards rushing for the Rockets.“The defense was stellar tonight,” Spencer/Columbus coach Jason Gorst said. “I thought Coach (Todd) Hildebrandt put together a great game plan. Guys came out and executed it, very good tackling, and really got down and disruptive up front, and I thought our defensive backs really made plays.”Senior safety Bubba Post made a number of big tackles on the outside to keep the Blue Devils from making long gains.“He’s a heck of a ballplayer, a good senior football player,” Gorst said. “He didn’t get a ton of playing time early in the season, but he has a great attitude and sticks with it. He played a key role tonight. He’s a sure tackler, doesn’t matter the size of anybody, and made some really great open field tackles. I’m really proud of his effort and contribution tonight.”Oconto’s defense proved to be a formidable foe early, holding Spencer/Columbus in check. However, the Blue Devils still could not get off the field.Luepke picked up a first down on a fourth-down fake punt to keep the first drive of the game alive. Spencer/Columbus picked up two more first downs, and eventually Luepke ran in from the 3 to culminate the 13-play, 72-yard drive that gobbled up the first 6:28 of the game.Luepke scored again on the first play of the second quarter from 50 yards out on fourth-and-2, which put the Rockets up 14-0.Oconto (7-3) got on the scoreboard with a safety after a dropped snap on a punt attempt by Luepke. Spencer/Columbus then proceeded to score on five of its next six possessions.Luepke caught a 24-yard TD pass from Jarred Mandel to make it 21-2 at halftime. Luepke then added TD runs of 5 and 12 yards in the third quarter, and 59 yards early in the fourth.Sophomore Hayden Bauman, who added 111 yards rushing in the win, capped the scoring with a 14-yard touchdown run with 4:01 remaining.Oconto’s Isaac Woller ran back the opening kickoff of the second half 90 yards for a touchdown, and the Blue Devils’ lone offensive points came on a 3-yard TD run from Bryce O’Connor on the first play of the fourth quarter.Next up is the two-time defending Division 5 state champion Amherst. While the players may be different, the Falcons are as potent as ever. Amherst won its playoff opener 53-6 over Colby on Friday.“They run a similar scheme to what they have, and we know the quality of program, the quality of the players and coaches over there, and have a lot of respect for them,” Gorst said.(Hub City Times Sports Reporter Paul Lecker is also the publisher of MarshfieldAreaSports.com.)Rockets 49, Blue Devils 17Oconto 0 2 7 8 – 17Spencer/Columbus 7 14 14 14 – 49First QuarterSC – Hunter Luepke 3 run (Evan Dieringer kick), 5:32.Second QuarterSC – Luepke 50 run (Dieringer kick), 11:49.O – Safety, 4:51.SC – Luepke 24 pass from Jarred Mandel (Dieringer kick), 2:29.Third QuarterO – Isaac Woller 90 kickoff return (Carson Moe kick), 11:46.SC – Luepke 5 run (Dieringer kick), 8:29.SC – Luepke 12 run (Dieringer kick), 2:20.Fourth QuarterO – Bryce O’Connor 3 run (Moe pass from Jake Krueger), 11:54.SC – Luepek 59 run (Dieringer kick), 10:12.SC – Hayden Bauman 14 run (Dieringer kick), 4:01.Team StatisticsFirst downs: Oconto 7; Spencer/Columbus 15.Rushing (att-yards): O 27-87; SC 48-406.Passing (comp-att-yards-int): O 7-18-91-1; SC 5-12-134-0.Total yards: O 178; SC 540.Penalties (no.-yards): O 5-45; SC 8-63.Fumbles (total-lost): O 1-1; SC 1-0.Punting (no.-avg.): O 4-32.8; SC 1-40.0.Individual StatisticsRushing: O, Zach Sherman 5-37, Bryce O’Connor 13-31, Isaac Woller 2-13, Carson Moe 2-5, Issac Diaz 2-3, Edwards Russell 1-0, Jake Krueger 2-minus 2. SC, Hunter Luepke 22-260, Hayden Bauman 13-111, Carson Hildebrandt 9-36, Austin Bacon 1-minus 1, Colton Schillinger 2-minus 2, Mandel 2-minus 8.Passing: O, Krueger 7-18-91-1. SC, Mandel 5-12-134-0.Receiving: O, Isaac Woller 2-33, O’Connor 1-24, Troy Wenzel 1-17, Sherman 1-7, Bennett Frazer 1-6, Evan Allan 1-4. SC, Bauman 2-71, Ethan Meece 1-35, Luepke 1-24, Hildebrandt 1-4.Fumble recoveries (defense): SC, Hildebrandt.Interceptions (defense): SC, Lukas Ellefson.Punting: O, Sherman 4-32.8. SC, Luepke 1-40.0.Records: Oconto 7-3; Spencer/Columbus 9-1.
Thousands of teachers have recently been appointed in Limpopo. (Image: Bongani Nkosi) MEDIA CONTACTS • Phuti Mosomane Spokesperson for the Premier Limpopo Provincial Government +27 15 287 6083 +27 82 729 2783 RELATED ARTICLES • Roadwork to create 400 000 jobs • Limpopo’s new standards of success • Zuma: 2011 the year of job creation • South Africa to create 5-million new jobsBongani NkosiThe Limpopo Provincial Government recently announced that it created 62 400 jobs over the first quarter of the current financial year – a move made in response to the New Growth Path (NGP).The province made a commitment earlier in 2011 to create over 166 100 jobs within its spheres of government. It has described its efforts so far as an achievement.“Job creation is one of the key priorities that we have set for ourselves as government,” the province’s Premier Cassel Mathale said.“We are working full throttle to translate our commitment to make 2011 a year of job creation through meaningful economic transformation and inclusive growth into reality,” he added.Through the NGP, South Africa has the challenge to create no less than 5-million jobs and slash the unemployment rate by 10% over the next 10 years. The government has vowed to do its best to achieve the targets, and has called on the private sector to help.The jobs in Limpopo were created in various government departments. With 19 978 jobs, the Department of Roads and Transport led the drive. It was followed by Department of Education with 17 890 vacancies filled.Positions for nurses and doctors were filled across the province, with the Department of Health generating 8 860 jobs.Up to 2 566 vacancies were filled in the Social Development Department, while the public agriculture sector produced 1 536 jobs.The Department of Public Works created 581 jobs, while 939 people found employment in the Local Government and Housing Department.Fifteen jobs were filled in the province’s Department of Sport, Arts and Culture, and two in Safety, Security and Liaison.Mathale’s office created 143 new jobs.“Our government is committed to fight against poverty and unemployment in a quest to improve the livelihoods of the people of our province,” he said.The Extended Public Works Programme (EPWP) has resulted in 17 800 new jobs in different sectors across the province.Figures indicate gainsAnnouncing new employment figures within departments helps the government prove it’s making progress in the campaign to produce jobs.A clear indication of gains made would only surface once departments in all spheres of government, ranging from local to provincial and national, make their figures public.News of Limpopo’s progress came a day after Statistics South Africa announced that the national unemployment rate jumped to 25.7% in the second quarter of 2011. It stood at 25% in the first quarter, so that means thousands of formal-sector jobs have been lost since the start of the year.According to Statistics South Africa, the number of unemployed people rose by 174 000 to 4 538-million people between April and June. The organisation said major job losses were recorded in the provinces of Gauteng, North West and the Eastern Cape, with a combined total of 81 000.Gains were experienced in KwaZulu-Natal and the Western Cape with 71 000 and 21 000 new jobs respectively.Most jobs were lost in manufacturing and mining – the sectors which suffered the most during the global recession.
#SHRM14 is just a few days away and I’m packing up for a week away with my HR buddies. I’m pretty excited for the opportunity to attend annual conference again. For me it’s like a place to recharge and get excited for the profession again. You’ll hear inspiring stuff from the keynote speakers, something you can bring back to the workplace in concurrent sessions and you’ll grow your network while you are there. You’ll have everything you need to be a great HR pro under one roof from an I “heart” HR jacket to the latest and greatest HR books to vendors for every possible thing you can think of. A quick Google of #SHRM14 will point you to some sound advice from veteran conference goers, groups from all over the country trying to connect with people in their industry, and of course party guides for making the most of your week out of the office.I just have a few notes to put you at ease before you head to Orlando this year. 1) Stop worrying about silly things like dress code. You are a grown up, wear whatever you want. 2) We are all busy, your office will survive without you. Do not be that guy that sighs and huffs and puffs between each session while you proclaim how busy you are and that you don’t understand why your managers and so on can’t make decisions without you (we can only assume it’s because you won’t let them make decisions without you when you are in the office). 3) Have a plan. You can check out all of the sessions before you get to Orlando so do it. Download the app and plan your day out, it’s not that hard-pick a session!Get out there and learn something new. Have fun in Orlando. Make new connections. Go back to the office and share what you’ve learned and follow-up with those new connections. They will prove to be useful throughout the year. Don’t be shy. Don’t waste your trip to Orlando. If you are going to #SHRM14 email me or hit me up on twitter and lets hang out! But, if you can’t find me it’s because I’m at Disney trying to pick up a gig as Belle while we are there, but one that doesn’t sing. I don’t have a good singing voice. Maybe they have a Belle job for someone that can rap? A girl can dream…To read the original blog post, please click here.